Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Welcome to our blog!



I hate to be trendy, but I've loved reading my friend's blog from time to time, and I thought this might be a more usable alternative to the old website to help us stay in touch (until/unless something better comes along).

So, I'll start with Halloween. Sophie and David decided that she would dress up as The Corpse Bride (see Tim Burton film of that name). She was just darling.

We almost decided to make Aidan a fireman, and we got him a very cute, happily inexpensive costume, but it occured to me that he would probably not be dressing up as furry animals much longer, so we stuck with original plan - a giraffe. Was it worth it? If you think he's cute in the picture, imagine picking him up and snuggling him. Very fun!

David and I did the typical "we probably won't dress up and so let's focus ont he kids" thing, which was then followed by the "gee, Halloween is tomorrow and it would be disappointing to not dress up" thing. Anyway, we ended dressing up as Spike and Dru from the Buffy TV series. Unfortunately, with how hectic everything was that evening, we did not take photos. But we were at least as attractive as they were. (I think we were. :) Also, I got some really great new skirts from the whole "shopping for Dru-ish clothing. Love that!

Well, that's it for now, but I love the idea of sharing tidbits and photos from our family without tying up everyone's servers and inboxes. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get a chance to see your great costumes on Halloween. Sophie and Aiden look adorable!