Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A non-moody update, and nesting...


I just wanted to reassure any humans who read the last post that I have passed through that mood pretty well. Thank you, though, to all friends who posted words of encouragement. You're all tender, and, yes, I find my babies rather cute as well. I have no idea where they got it.

So, now we're in nesting mode. I enjoy the sunshine of the mornings, because my energy returns to me full strength (well, as full strength as my body has the capacity to regain), and I become (as one Dr. Seuss did say) a "busy-buzzy bee."

So, now that David finished painting the nursery this weekend (poor man!), we just have to put all of the baby stuff back together (and put together some new stuff), do a ton of shopping, install the baby seat into the van, sort through boys' clothing, clean up as much as possible, tour and preregister at the hospital, print out a birth plan, pack the bag, get some sleep, do a bunch of exercises and take a daily walk, and give the other kids lots of snuggles. Oh yes, and we should name this poor guy.

Did I leave anything out?

Incidentally, we're open to name suggestions for the baby. Please, no first names with more than 5 syllables. My children are likely to find that overwhelming in time. I also prefer to avoid "flannel" names such as Braden, Hunter, or Payden. I just see hunting caps when I hear those names, and we're not crazy about guns.

Our current candidates are:
Collin Anders Graham
Sebastian Anders Graham
(FYI, Anders is a Scandinavian form of Andrew and a family name. We're kind of stuck on it. I also think it's a very sexy name. Sexy is requirement for men's names, in my opinion.)
Possible middle name substitute for Anders - Anton.

6 comments:

Barb Stuart said...

I looked up Anders and it is apparently of Greek origin. (So is Barbara which means foreign, strange. Hmmmmm...) Erik (which is Scandanavian) is a good name. (The lists say "Norse", but that's the same.) Another thought is how just the first and last name sound, since it's unlikely that he'll be called by all 3 names - unless you or David are angry with him:)

Mari said...

Don't hate me because I'm dorky, but someone's gotta say it, even if they don't mean it...

If a Coco Crisp can play for the Boston Red Sox, just think about what your son Golden could do!

Aghhhhh! Terrible, I know. Funa and silly to pretend? You bet. Seriously though, next to labor, names are right up there in difficulty for me!

Catherine said...

Yeah, the nursery is painted! Phew!
And that's quite the To-Do List, Dianna.

Just remember, you're beautiful baby will come whether or not you get all that stuff done. Everything works out. Did I tell you the night before we had David we realized we didn't have a carseat for him? So off to Babies R US the whole family went (at 8:30 p.m.) and we grabbed one. Less than 24 hours later my handsome little guy was born. See it all works out. We did have a carseat to bring him home in (even if I hadn't attached the canopy thing to it yet. That would happen in the next week or two.)

As far as the name thing, if we're voting:
Collin Anders Graham

(sorry I just can't get the crab image out of my mind!)

Dianna said...

Mom,
You're very cute for looking up those meanings. David and I continue to change our minds constantly about Anders. Erik was considered, and who knows...

Mari,
I've always rejoiced in your wackiness. Golden Graham could be a great success in life, I believe. Maybe we should name him "J. Golden", and then he can inherit his Mom's weakness for using strong language...

Catherine,
David is still liking Collin over Sebastian as well. I forgot about the crab. Now that almost makes me like it more, because Sebastian the crab was a terribly talented musician. What great karma! Of course, he'd be "Bastian" to most people, I suspect. And Bastian, if you pretend that you never saw The Neverending Story, is a pretty sexy sounding name. You must admit it. :)

Thanks for the comments! It always makes one feel special to get blog comments!

Jannah said...

I like Colin, though it does bring Secret Garden to mind. My nephew who is 1/2 chinese is Colin-Andrew as his first name - a bit long as a first name for me, but he's still a cute kid.
What about Graham Graham? classier than Bam Bam.

Emmie said...

I love both Sebastian and Collin! Very strong, sexy names. And, as you pointed out, Sebastian may have been a crab, but he was a very talented crab. But would your son sing with a Jamaican accent? I think that is the question you need to ask yourself, Di.

I'm so excited for you!! You are in my prayers, and I can't wait to see pictures of the newest man in your life!