Friday, July 03, 2009

Supporting Family

My sister is in pain. She just had major surgery, and when I called her the following day, she was alone and in pain. I wished I could do something to help, and I slightly regretted not having gone out to Ohio to help out. When I called today, she was doing a little better, but it has been a rough day. The main reason things should be better are because she called out for help and made sure someone was with her, making sure her monitors were working properly, making sure she got her pain medication on time, etc. What a relief, and yet it's not over. But I'm so glad that she has our mom at her side today. When I asked if it was helping, Christina said, "Mom's great at making sure I'm not forgotten." Go Mom!!! I love you!

It made me think of this film clip. It makes me laugh and cry at the same time, and I know that if it came to this, my mother would do nothing short of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Things have been so crazy the last many weeks & I haven't gotten on this site in that long, so I don't know if you'll get this but thanks, Honey. I'm glad I was with Christina also. I just wish I could have stayed longer.