Friday, July 18, 2008

All the World's a Stage... and kids often get the best lines


We were in the kitchen and Aidan was projecting ahead to future purchases of Legos Star Wars and Indiana Jones toys. (He does this a lot. He even mentions it in prayers.) Sophie is apparently getting sick of his running commentary on said toys and came out with the following:

"You think Legos Star Wars and Indiana Jones are the only Legos in the country?!"


Aidan's great line for the day was less creative, but equally enjoyable to me. After trying a new kind of fruit snack (he likes very few kinds), he complained, "I don't like these fruit snacks. Give me a break!" (Apparently he hears someone say that a lot these days).

2 comments:

Mari said...

I love the things kids say. When my parents came to visit, Averie asked my dad, "Why are you so OLD?" He's not even 60, but I had to laugh.

Catherine said...

Too cute! The things that come out of their mouths - don't you just wish you could remember all of it or have someone videotaping your life, so you don't forget any of those cute moments.