Saturday, September 20, 2008

Married 9 years and counting!


On September 18, 1999, the most handsome man in the world took me to the Mount Timpanogos temple, and we were married for time and all eternity. Afterward there were lots of photos, a luncheon at Thanksgiving Point, a ring ceremony where my dad walked me down the aisle (while Rachael played the Pachelbel Canon), and a reception at the Springville Art Museum. We danced twice to our special song, "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel - the first time we didn't have an audience. (I must add that “Video Killed the Radio Star” was also on our playlist. Yeah, we’re pretty silly people). We were our own MC's, which made things feel a little chaotic, but it was still fun. Poor David had a migraine, so when we cut the cake and fed it to each other, he was begging me in a whisper, "Please don't shove it in my face, or I'll throw up!" Of course, I respected his wishes. (He was too cute to make sick, and the tux was a rental).

Despite the imperfections of the day, some small and others not so small, it was still a lovely day. And, in a moment of romantic bliss during a photo shoot at the museum, my honey looked down at me with his 80’s rock star haircut and baby brown eyes and said with so much tenderness, “We're married, Sweetie!”
Sometimes life is very, very good.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I didn't know it was your anniversary. How fun. I never knew those little tidbits of wedding information either. Kevin and I had our reception at the Springville Museum of Art too. Crazy that we both now live here, huh?

Wow, 9 years. Congratulations again!

merrilykaroly said...

9 years is a long time. I never used to understand how people didn't get tired of each other after being married for so long. But then I got married. And now I understand.

Congratulations!

Jannah said...

Hoooray for cute people who survived their wedding with grace and style, the way they live their life as well!!!